There are frequent electrical activities in the cerebral cortex, and it is through these electrical activities that people complete various physiological functions. An electroencephalogram (eeg) can be obtained by recording the time-varying waveform of this potential on an electrical level. Neurological disorders can be diagnosed and treated by detecting and recording an electroencephalogram.
Neurons in the brain are bathed in a special extracellular fluid (CSF), and the electrical activity of these nerves can be equivalent to a dipole. If each small unit is equivalent to a dipole, the sum of all the brain equivalent dipoles is the vector sum of all the dipoles. Corresponding to this dipole, there must be an eeg distribution. An electroencephalogram, or eeg, can be used to measure changes in the electrical potential of the cerebral cortex.
Using electroencephalogram (eeg) to locate lesions and diagnosis of disease, not only by a pair of electrodes to implement, but to use more than the electrode lead (multiple), according to the different conditions and requirements, connected into a different way, multiple wave, analyze the basic characteristics of the multiple waveform and connect with each other to complete lesion location and disease diagnosis, which requires the brain motor has the amplifier and recorder, generally speaking, there are 6, 16, 32.
Current application of clinical brain electrical equipment
1. The tracing EEG machine---the most widely used clinical application, generally equipped with 8~16 lead electrodes.
2. Paperless EEG machine---EEG signal is collected into the computer after A/D conversion, and is traced by the screen. It is also generally equipped with 8 to 16 lead electrodes.
3. EEG topographical map---The configuration is basically the same as that of the paperless EEG machine, but at least 16 lead electrodes are required, and the printer can output color graphics. The current trend is to integrate a paperless EEG machine with an EEG topographer.
4. EEG monitor--- can display EEG waveforms in real time and continuously, and has storage function and data management function, preferably with alarm function.
5. EEG Holter - that is, dynamic EEG long-term recorder. Generally equipped with 3~16 electrodes, it has the ability to store 24H EEG signals.
6. EEG Analyzer - Contains EEG Holter's playback analysis system and EEG analysis system in general. Record EEG signals for a long time (more than 30min), with more than 16 electrodes, with a more comprehensive analysis function (time domain, frequency domain and airspace).